A thought on storm


I have suspected this for a long time, and now I know it for sure - the calm is not always on the other side of the storm, it is likely within oneself to overcome the storm, to calm the chaos, and most importantly hold oneself gently until it is done.    

I knew this only after I wrestled with some and rolled with some; after I started loving myself the way I wanted to be loved; after I decided to extend a hand to someone else but not be upset if they refused to take it; after I stopped analyzing what was said, what was not said, what was meant, and what was not meant. Not because I stopped caring or I cared too much - simply because I think everyone else deserves the same privilege - to deal with their storms the way they see fit. 

And yet, when you come out of a storm, you are no longer the same person who entered it. That is the whole point of the storm. And that is just where I stand at the moment. 

Comments

Popular Posts